Thursday, August 13, 2009

A big switch-a-roo

The end of this summer has brought many changes to the Crews Quarters.
First off, Mike and I both have different jobs - we're employed by the same organizations, Hartville R-2 and MSU, however everything we are doing is different. For the past 5 years Mike has successfully taught JH History. The kiddos love his male presence in a predominately female elementary/JH school. As many of you know, Mike didn't go to school to teach History, his background is PE/Health. His wishes came true this year. He'll still be teaching JH for 1/2 the day, but Health/Exploritory Class this time. The other half of his day will be in ISD (in school detention) and weigh lifting. Actually he's pumped about working with at-risk kids, and probably looking forward to a work out during work as well! He was tenured as of this new school year, and continues to coach basketball and track. We're predicting an exciting JH season. These girls are fun to watch play. Go lady eagles!
My job has also changed from Dept of Ag administrative support to VESTA Missouri coordinator. VESTA is an online grape and wine education program. I have worked as admin support for this grant the last two years. I'm honored to be selected as the coordinator for the state of MO. But along with that honor comes, much much more responsibility. Currently there are 8 partnering states within the mid-west, each state has a coordinator. I welcome the challenge, but I'm also overwhelmed. The gist of the deal is I am advising students, coordinating workshops/field site practicums/events. Attending wine industry events, conferences and meetings within the state, all while still attending to current duties within the Ag dept. It will be an adjustment to a new balancing act.
Third and the most exciting is - adjusting to Beau walking!! Good lands that baby is quick. He is at the point where he prefers to walk over crawling. However, in the evening his little legs are tired and he gets exasperated with himself for stumbling and falling over and over. He takes these big sighs umps and pants. So funny. I can see determination and problem solving skills already developing, he is a genius after all... So since he is walking, we tend to loose him from time to time. He'll be in another room, shut the door and then yell for rescue support. A favorite spot to find him is in the floor of the shower in our bathroom - I try to keep the house clean, but it thoroughly disgusts me to have him playing in the water. YuckO. Here are a few more favorite places...










Beau is a big helper. The other night we were snapping green beans in the living room. Big Helper Beau caught on quickly and handed me beans one at a time and said, "her-da-go" (here you go). Then he started bringing blocks over and putting them in the snap bowl a few at a time. We video-ed the action, the cutest thing Ever.




1 comment:

  1. I just love Beau's facial expressions. It makes our day when we get to see new updates and milestones in his life. The first thing Bobby told me when I got home from school was there were new pictures of Beau and to go check it out. :) Thanks for all the news about you and Mike, too. We like to stay in the loop with what's going on with our kids.

    ReplyDelete