Thursday, December 3, 2009
Ah Memories...
Let's see from about 1985 to 1997 I was notorious for catching some sort of snotting, hacking, feverish, sometimes throwing-up bug each and every Holiday season. The photos of red noses and videos of me coughing over the dessert table document my childhood plague. One year, Jenny and I were so sick, we had to skip Baker Christmas. Our whole family drove to our home 45mins aways and stood outside in the snow and sang Christmas carols. It's the only time in my life I've experienced carolers and something engraved in my mind. Amazing love is a good descriptor for my family. I remember being thankful I wasn't sick over the holidays as I got older, truly thankful. It's been a long time since these memories, so when I caught a nasty cold right before the Thanksgiving week, I wasn't too thrilled. Beau got it first, he recovered nicely in about 2 days, but not Mama. I lost my voice, hacked and snotted through SW Missouri and NW Arkansas. Ugh. No fun being sick, pregnant and chase a Bear. I'm so sorry if someone has caught it and is currently suffering. I tried to keep the crud at bay. Despite this little set back, oh and getting seriously carsick, we had some really wonderful visits with the family. I did not lose my taster, the most important part of Thanksgiving, so I have MUCH to be thankful for. I did not take pictures, phooey on me. HO HO HO on to Christmas!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment