Thursday, April 8, 2010

8 Months of Wisdom, 2nd Edition

When I carried Beau, I would occasionally send a family update email. I compiled a list of lessons learned, let's review...

Important Lessons Learned at 8mos of Pregnancy:
1. It’s ok to cry.
2. It’s ok to be out of breath for 7 minutes after getting out of the car, out of bed, out of the chair… I am not out of shape, I have an extra 4-5lbs/17” long bundle of joy squishing me – I repeat this statement several times a day to myself.
3. Never pass up the opportunity to go to the bathroom – even when you don’t think you need to go, you never know when you’re going to sneeze or laugh too hard.
4. “A good blood pressure along with some swelling indicates a very healthy pregnancy,” said Dr Bell.
5. Prenatal massages are Heaven.
6. Naps in my new leather La-Z-Boy are also a small piece of Heaven.
7. Potty breaks and leg cramps aren’t so good for quality sleep. Naps are wonderful.
8. Pedicures to Swollen Ugly Feet turn into Princess Feet.
9. $1 McDonald’s vanilla ice cream cones can fix any bad day.
10. 9:00pm is in fact an acceptable bedtime. Most evenings I can’t wait to go to sleep – so exciting.

Well, my world has changed a smidge since this list :) I'm still in agreement with the statements however do not have the opportunity to indulge in the Heaven sent pleasures of NAPS, a MASSAGE (yet), and PEDICURES (yet), and the 9pm bedtime is overrated. Stike that, sleep is overrated. Can you tell I'm trying to convince myself? I guess I'm supposed to tell you about all the joys of being in the middle of the 3rd trimester and how gloriously fabulous I feel, how I can't wait to show off Baby Girls' finished perfectly decorated nursery, my completely organized home, how Beau has decided to veto brat attacks, and how I have no problem getting so huge!! Well, none of those things are realistic. However I'm not going to have a gripe fest either... so this is me focusing on the positives because I am truly so very thankful for my baby girl and the joy she brings our family. She is worth every ounce of uncomfortable times a million.

Postive Thoughts by Mama, ahem....
1. My body has not started swelling! I still have pretty ankles.
2. I was able to catch a sale at Old Navy and purchased some much needed maternity separates to make it to the end. I was informed by my loving co-workers that I was no longer allowed to wear my shirts too small for the belly and pants that fall down. Picky.
3. The weather has been very conducive for walking breaks.
4. Beau (and me) enjoy storytime in my big bed much more than trying to fit in the chair with me and belly. Nice compromise and sweet sweet memories.
5. And last but the most important, My Fabulously Helpful Husband Michael. He is so Fabulously Helpful these days, I've decided to devote an entire blog post to him entitled, "Ode to Mike". Coming soon.

Here is a photo that I'd rather not post, but I can play fair and know my loving aunts don't want to miss out on baby bumps. The container of Bryer's Strawberry ice cream has made a appearance in my cheeks (all of them), but my face and eyes are swollen from sinus cold number 42 that I'm currently recovering from. This week the internet tells me she's the size of an
applepine :)


2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful Carrie! I can't wait to see pictures of your baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, I think you look gorgeous! It's a small picture, but I can see that you're glowing. So proud of you, little mamma! Keep up the good work! And I love how you're being so positive- I'm inspired!!

    ReplyDelete