Friday, August 27, 2010

living in the moment

This morning I was emailing my Mama. She was checking in on us because she understands. I was expressing to her how tired I am because miss lauren isn't sleeping these days. She said, "I worry about you and wish I had a magic potion to pour in your tea to 'make it all better' for you. Come spend the weekend at the Ma's Fluff & Puff... I'll take care of Lauren all night and tuck you in upstairs with the doors shut so you can sleep all night... xo"
My reply?
Your magic potion (and Jenny’s and Daddy's and Grandma Judy's) is simply understanding what I live because you have lived this. I appreciate and need the encouragement. I read a blog about “living in the moment” with your children. A mom was trying to bathe 2 toddlers while the newborn was screaming all by herself in a tiny hot bathroom. The oldest toddler just wanted to be rocked and sang too after his bath. She didn’t have the energy or desire to do so, however as all three kids are crying she looked up and thought about this toddler being all grown up, a young man home from college, smelling of nice cologne, kisses her cheek hello and then back out the door he goes – and how at that point she will wish he was once again little enough to rock and sing, but she will never have that moment back. The moment when all he wants is to do rock and sing in the chaos of that hot bathroom. So, she cried and held him in her arms and rocked him and sang to him as long as he would let her while the other toddler stayed in the bathtub and the newborn cried. This story crashed on me just as I’m sure these thoughts have no-doubtably hit you and Daddy. I blogged about being overwhelmed because it is true. But I’m gonna hang on to this thought of Beau being 5’6”, strong stalky and handsome walking down the hallway and out the door during the moments when he’s whining incessantly and I just can’t seem to fix his toddler world. I will hang on to this thought of being in the moment because Lauren will try on gorgeous wedding gowns soon enough. I can hold her, I can hold her every moment. If I was put here on this earth to hold her every night for the first year of her life, I will. You and Daddy did for me. Good lands I appreciate and adore my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment