Let me introduce you to Mr. Independent. My great big bear is very much into accomplishing his own goals. Many occasions he is applauded, others he is re-directed and others... send him to the corner. In this case I was washing diaper-ness off my hands. He said he needed a Jesus Cracker (Cheez-it), I said please wait for Mommy. He tried to follow directions, but scooting the box back on the counter resulted in a backflip over his head and a full box of Jesus crackers on the floor. He didn't get in trouble. I'd love to tell you I'd just finished mopping, washed all the dishes and darned some socks... but that would be a lie. I'm horrible to keep floors even swept. He was sad to see them go, so was Daddy. But heck, he was already working on that sucker (that he got himself). Which leads me to my next point.
Mr Bear has decided the majority of food I offer for dinner is now "Nasty". This is a new concept. Just a short while ago he would eat gum off your shoe, he loved food So Much. Not anymore. It's a huge struggle to get him to eat anything other than carbs, sugar, and meat. So, I've been talking to Mommy's, reading a little on Babycenter and have put forth an effort to educate myself on toddlerisms such as these. Roommate Jenny recommended a great cookbook. I ordered it today. It is called Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfield. I read a smidge and apparently I'll be putting pureed cauliflower in the mac n'cheese. Whahahah (evil laugh). I'm totally pumped. The other night he said, "more fish sticks please" I said, "please take two bites of peas you had 4 four sticks." he says, "But Mommy I NEED six and seven and eight!"
He calls the short school bus, a Baby Bus.
Yesterday he said to Joy, "See ya Joy, we're going to Vote!" you bet I took him in there with me!
All he wants to do is play catch with a ball. When the ball bounces off my face he says, "that's ok Mommy, you can try again."
He HAS to help "fix dinners." During this he sings; Walkin' in the Sunshine song while standing in the kitchen chair using my antique wine cork opener as a microphone.
He is just adorable! I love your stories!
ReplyDelete