As a crazy busy wifey and Mama of two littles, I'm always looking for methods, products and ideas of how to be better at My Most Important Job. Better at getting a healthy dinner on the table. Better at keeping up a nice clean comfy home. Better at keeping up laundry. Better GROCERY SHOPPER - I'm totally bad at that. Better at being thrifty. Better at being crafty... get the idea? This task, My Most Important Job gets overwhelming. I have a tremendous helpmate in Mr Crews. He does a lot of the work right along side me. I am so thankful for him. As my babies grow, so does my to-do list. Perhaps it doesn't grow, but constantly evolves. Hard to keep up with, but absolutely a delightful journey.
On the journey it is so easy to lose yourself as a young woman. In your house, what do you hear as the family grows? Mommy! Mama! Mom! Ask Mommy Beau. Did Mommy let you have that? Mommy, Lauren needs you! Mommy, this is yummy. Thank you Mama. I love you Mommy. Ma Ma Ma ma babbles from the baby. It is a sweet melody from Heaven on my ears and I ADORE my new name and My Most Important Job. I rarely hear Carrie. That would be because Beau picked up Mike and Carrie surprisingly well as a 15mo old. So we address each other as Mama and Daddy to solve that little predicament.
In fact, I rarely see a lot of Carrie. I throw on clothes that still fit in the closet. I put on make-up during stoplights. I can totally fix my hair sight unseen with my travel teasing comb and liquid concrete hair spay - a permanent item in my purse. My Mama (and her Mama) says, "You can never afford to not look like a lady!" Amen! I can get my Lady-ness on in half the time and on the run! It's easy to take that time I spent on myself and do the million other things on my list. But now. Now that my Screamella is a distant memory and she is becoming Sleeping Beauty, I am finding a little more of that Carrie time. I've made a promise to myself to take better care of MAMA.
I started washing my make-up off before bed again AND using a nice scrub (please keep all; that's-really-disgusting judgemental comments to yourself until you experience your own Screamella). Goodbye dull winter skin - Hello fresh, I get to sleep more, radiant skin! I am packing my lunch to work to eliminate fast food. I go on a walk through the vineyards at lunch when the weather is nice. I am feeling better with these small but significant changes. I'm looking forward to integrating much more significant improvements soon. My goal is to lose 33lbs and have long Victoria's Secret hair. It's a goal people!
Right now, my world is a little rocky with so many unknowns. Mike and I are stressed. Regardless of what happens, next year will be a very different experience for our family. In my efforts to be really good at My Most Important Job, I am trying to stay up on my game and make sure the things that are in my control are healthy choices. I've got a helmet and God on my team.
Go Mama Go! ... but not crazy.
What a great post Carrie. I'm glad to hear that you are taking a little bit of time to take care of yourself. I never do that enough and by the time I realize it, I'm so frazzled, I've done more emotional damage around my home than I've done good. I'm trying to be better about that too.
ReplyDeleteJust remember to try not to put to much pressure on yourself to be "perfect"-- it will make you miserable-- trust me :)
I think you are wonderful and are doing a great job raising your children and taking care of your hubby and home as well. AND working! You go girl!
I've been so bad about slacking and feeding my my kids less than healthy food lately. You've inspired me to get back on my game!!
Love you!