As of today our home is officially for sale on the real estate market. As of today I realize I'm picking up everything, putting it in a box and relocating. Our jobs will not wait for this house to sell. I realize if this house does not sell, we are in a pickle. Well, probably a Sam's Wholesale Club size jar of pickles that lasts for over a year or until a large family picnic, whichever comes first.
As of today I am overwhelmed. Scared. Excited. Overwhelmed. I might cry or get nervous poops (don't pretend that doesn't happen to you).
Mike and I decided under the wisdom of my real estate guru cousin to post the house on Craigslist for one month, see what happens. If nothing, then go with a real estate agent and therefore pay that nice 6% commission.
The only real fear for me in this situation, (new jobs, new house, new childcare, new school, new community) is selling this beautiful house that holds a special place in my heart. I'm aware of the status of the real estate market. I'm not naive to the fact it is located in the Middle of Nowhere.
This all feels like I'm in a dream, I'm not walking however my body is moving forward and life is swooshing past me on both sides. I'm trying to reach out and grab a few things, but they are slipping through my hands. I'm not sleeping well, my body is hanging on to every pound of fat again, I am overwhelmed.
If you know me... you know I don't exactly jive with the Animal Kingdom. But as I was looking out my office window this week I noticed a bird nest. This bird nest is built way out on a limb of a pine tree. It isn't close to the safety of the trunk, it isn't shielded from the wind or storms. This little nest is perched in what I would consider, bad real estate of all the trees in this area. Each time Mama Bird (no idea what kind of bird she is, so we'll call her Mama Bird) lands on her nest, the limb cecum's to her weight. The fall from that limb to ground has to be 15'. Quite a fall. But Mama Bird isn't worried about her bad real estate. She just hops in the nest, happy as a Lark (?), sits on the eggs, fluffs and puffs, making it homey and flies off to her next errand. Heck, this is the best nest she's ever had, she made it after all! I don't perceive Mama Bird to be worried about her house at all. You know why?
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Mat 6:25-26
Um, Yes God. I am more valuable to you than Mama Bird. But thank you for placing her in bad real estate so you can remind me. I'm sorry I forget and start to fret.
Love, Carrie.
The nervous poops- you crack me up!!! Praying with you. God always works things out perfectly!
ReplyDelete