Monday, June 27, 2011

Turch

We went to Vacation Bible School at Turch (church), one theme and song they learned was, Change Your Attitude to Gratitude. Beau was having a "moment" in the car and I said, "Beau you need to change your attitude to gratitude!" he said, "Well Mom, I have to go to turch to do that!" At VBS he made many BFF's, most of them were 5-30 years older than him. He's quite the charmer. He was the youngest participating in the coursework and just cuter than a bee's knee in the middle of it all. But what I found was super sweet was his little crush on Ella! Ella is a stunning little 4 year old on the inside and out, she decided it was her duty to watch Beau. He obliged. One day he picked a flower for her and by the time we got to turch (church) it had wilted, so he decided it wasn't pretty anymore for Ella. First thing he says in the door, "Is Ella here?" She finds him and Lauren almost as fast! I love her Mama and the rest of their family so much. They are sweet, sweet people. I posted the VBS highlight video on my FB page. Adorable.

Sunday was our last Sunday at Hartville Freewill Baptist. It was actually a special service dedicated to burning the note of the church mortgage. They are debt free and had an excellent service honoring the Lord for His faithfulness. Pastor Melvin Moon is a good man (and not only because he's from Rosebud!). We have thoroughly enjoyed his friendship, watching his children grow and participating under his leadership. At the end of the service he honored us with a very heartfelt and sincere farewell message to the Crews Family. I cried. Beau waved at everyone and smiled so big. I was hugged by many and encouraged by their love. They've made us promise to come visit. They've made a lasting impression on my heart and I will miss them dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment