Monday, September 19, 2011

Boo Drugs

So if you know me, you know I don't metabolize medication well at all. Benadryl lays me out for 12 hours, I put Beau's newborn head in the ceiling fan on percoset, I dreamed of ants marching on my face post-wisdom teeth surgery on hydrocodone, I nearly had a heart attack on codeine at the age of 11... you get the point. I don't like to take drugs.

After I had Lauren my back has never been the same, I get random stupid spasms. They take my breath away. Ridiculous. The last big episode landed me in a clinic with heat packs and an awesome shot in my hinny. Dr. Wonderful sent me home with 2 prescriptions. One is what I call, Big Guns - which I never take. Two is, Take One Everyday - which is what works for me during an episode.

So Wednesday night, I'm laying in our big bed with Lauren {who has recently decided sleeping is no fun and just throws the biggest fit you've ever seen}. She's wollering to stay awake and it hits me. Wham. Spasm under my shoulder blade. Miiikkkkeeee!! He comes in. I tell him my medicine is downstairs. I don't believe he knows this information however, Big Guns is on the kitchen counter and Take One Everyday is in my purse. By the time he comes back, which really isn't a long time, I'm not able to use my right arm or stand up straight. Ridiculous and so aggravating!

I laid down still as I could and worked on breathing. Lauren is crying herself to sleep. Boo.

The next day I am not right. I just felt off and I couldn't put my finger on it! My shoulder was sore but the spasm relaxed. I had a really hard time waking up. A sequence of crazy stuff kept happening and finally, I thought to email Mike and ask which medicine he gave me. Yep, it was Big Guns!

Me and Big Guns are not friends. I forgot to buckle the baby in her car seat. I got all turned around driving to work. I argued with the checkout lady at Walgreen's over a $1. I emailed the incorrect person that their tape dispenser had arrived. I wrote a completely bizarre email to Mike, it made no sense. Once I realized what was happening... I got a case of the giggles and couldn't quit for a while. I tried really hard to be low-key and stay at my desk waiting for my body and Big Guns to part ways. At the end of the day... had No Idea where I parked in the parking lot. None. Boo drugs!

1 comment:

  1. LOL~ it makes for a great story though! =) I hope your spasms go away soon!

    ReplyDelete