Thursday, September 1, 2011

Just an Update

We are doing great! The End. Just kidding.

Michael is thoroughly enjoying his new job. The other day he said, I need to do everything I can to keep this job for a long time. He is teaching History to Freshmen and Sophomores. He is teaching from a cart! That means he currently has no classroom of his own, he rotates to different classrooms as the bell rings, just like the students. So far, that's going well. He's glad this isn't his first rodeo, because the cart thing sure is different, doable, but different. I understand the HS plans to build the extra wing, including 8 new classrooms sooner than we originally thought. Until then, I'm making plans in my head to decorate the cart. I'd love to put those tacky plastic string lights of lobsters or chili peppers around it. Ooo, just wait until the holidays!! We went to the football game last Friday night. Fun. We ended up in the student section. I was really impressed with their behavior, they weren't fools. The funny problem I had at the ballgame; Beau is too comfortable climbing all over the place and all over the people. He only knows our Hartville basketball family, and therefore doesn't know a stranger, even in a new place. Mostly, the people around us were kind and understanding. Especially the young man that had a large boo-boo on his knee that totally captured the Bear's attention. We now know the full details of the accident, when it happened, and of course that he now okay. Jenny and I left a little after half-time of the ballgame. Beau proceeded to invite section AA to Aunt Jenny's house to play. This Friday night is the first home game. I'm pumped about listening to their band. My name is Carrie and I am a band nerd. Always will be.

I am still enjoying my job and the people I work with in the office. We jive. I love being on the main campus and watching all the students. My observations:
-There are some incredibly short shorts on all kinds of legs. At this point in my life, I'm no longer in the mindset of, "Gosh, I would never wear that!" It is now, "I would never let Lauren wear that!" hahaha!
-I love getting to know the Ag students. They are super cool.
-I don't know how to help any of them. Yet.
-Chick-Fil-A is at the Union!
-I signed up for Fitness Classes for the whole semester because Chick-Fil-A is at the Union.  
-1992 fashion is here, complete with neon. I'm waiting for poofy bangs.
-I'm not good at walking and reading all the sidewalk chalk.
-I love that my sissy is on campus this semester. She's completing her BS in Nursing. They put her in a Phys Ed course and get this.. she has to run a mile. Hahahaaa!! I love it. I love that I get to see her for lunch sometimes too.

So the house isn't selling, no one is looking at it. I called the realtor. It wasn't good news. I'm getting worried about going through this winter owning that home. It takes a lot of work in the winter. Propane is going to eat our lunch with us not able to burn wood.

I have a biometrics test tomorrow morning. I'm hopeful I'm not diabetic, that's another reason I signed up for Fitness Classes. It's free and the information is good to know.

Lauren is in the 10th percentile for height, and 20th for weight. She's a big 21lbs!! The best part of the visit was we were granted permission to switch her car seat to forward facing. So happy about that, I had a feeling she was getting carsick. She has a new trick and I'm hopeful to get the short video of such trick loaded tomorrow.

Tootles!

1 comment:

  1. I bet Mike is excited about you decorating the cart! =) Glad ya'll are settling in well.

    ReplyDelete