We made it through basketball season. Good lands, the most difficult by far, for so many reasons. I'm not going to sugar coat it, I'm rejoicing it is over. I am certain next year will be better. Each time I find myself biting my lips together in frustration and stress. I try to quickly remind myself basketball brought us home and check my attitude is curving to gratitude. It is hard. But the Lord brought us through because He answers prayers.
The time before last it snowed around these parts, I crashed twice. In one hour. Both times all my fault. Oh, I didn't remember to mention that? Perhaps I'm control-alt-deleting that day from my brain. It was a doozy. Truckie wasn't too injured and no person was injured, PTL. All was good and dandy until recently when Truckie starting talking to me with all kinds of noises. To make a long story a smidge shorter... I needed brakes, stat. I ended up making a service appointment at a dealership and then showed up for the service appointment at a different dealership. If you were wondering how to make yourself feel like a moron - do this and be proud of your accomplishment. The damage? $600 for brakes, rotors... and I don't know what else because I went into a fog at the sound of $600 and immediately decided I needed to trade in the truck since this dollar amount didn't even address the clunking noise when I turned right or the woo woo woo noise when I went 45mph. So I take the paperwork home to my logical, rational husband who says, Um no. We're not paying that, let's get other estimates. He's so smart like that! I also got vetoed on the trade in. Shocking. ok ok speed it up a little. I went to work worried about $600, completed my travel expense report for this month and... drum roll please.... it totaled $524!!! Do you know why? Mike and I made a commitment to begin tithing again at church. Guess what else... the other shop we took it to fixed the brakes for...drum roll please... $150!!! The clunking right turn noise is gone too. The Lord is faithful to take care of us. The Lord Answers Prayers.
The government has decided to reform, read: shut down the United States Postal Service. While Mama is grieving for her friends as they face losing their job, relocating family, starting from scratch with sometimes limited education... we are rejoicing that she has the option to retire. The Lord is watching over her because He answers prayers.
Last but certainly the Best... this week has been so hard. One of my uncles was hospitalized. Blood levels were all out of whack, feeling sluggish, a lingering bloody nose, rash. All of sudden there was talk of that evil, no good, selfish, sickening word Cancer. When I went to visit him, the front desk said, "Yes Ma'am, he is here on the 7th floor, the cancer wing" I wanted to burst into tears. But God had other plans for one of my favorite people on this earth. A virus. Yes, friends that's right. Preliminary blood tests indicate a rare virus is attacking his immune system and it can be treated in the hospital. Did you just get goosebumps? I did and do when I think about how I can cry out to God when life is too much and He answers my prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment