Thursday, September 20, 2012

He's still working on me

I remember my 4 year old little cousin Jason singing this song at church.

He's still working on me
To make me what I need to be
It took him just a week to make the moon and stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars
How loving and patient He must be
'Cause He's still workin' on me

True stuff friends. It was true when we were 4 and 6 years old as it is today when Jason and I are 30 and 32 years old. We are a constant work in progress and GOD STILL LOVES US, yahoo!!

I recently have been dealing with "stuff" and instead of trying to internalize and rationalize the "stuff" I really have no control over; I am choosing daily to walk by faith and give it to God. I say daily because it is something I have to give to God Every Single Day. Our pastor recently said, "you cannot walk by faith and worry, these things cannot coexist." Wow. That is true and difficult, for me anyway...

I found peace. We have a tremendous amount of prayer warriors surrounding us and I feel those prayers, like I never have before. I am resting. I am not having crazy, stressful dreams. I hear the Holy Spirit speaking to me helping, comforting, and leading me. I'm drawing near to God instead of stress and it is a great place to be.

We must sell our house and I know God has a plan. God has a plan for your "stuff" too.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder, Carrie! I'm glad God never gives up on making me into the woman He intends for me to be.

    ReplyDelete