I can be a crackhead {well, what I imagine I might be like on crack. I've never tried it because crack is whack}. I get so caught up in getting three million things done, all the time. Sometimes I get three million things done, other times I don't get the dishwasher turned on or I have to rewash the load of laundry I left in the washer because I don't get three things done.
Sign up for a huge craft show to sell hair bows? Sure, why not? Let's do it! Then, I get totally overwhelmed. Then, I call my amazing friend {and hair bow mentor} two weeks before the show and she says, "Yes! I'd love to come!" I heart Cassie Phillips. She did come to the overwhelming craft show to sell bows. She did sit in freezing temperatures while sleet pelted our frozen cheeks {all of them}. She is my dear friend and I hope she gets a million customers in this neck of the woods because I am DONE making hair bows for income. Mostly because I don't make income. My graduate accounting course has come in handy to let me know, I'm not clearing the cost of materials in my pricing. Super genius, that's me. I'm heading on back to hobbyville for my bow making skillz. Craft shows are fun to make new friends and visiting with pure awesomeness such as Cassie. Otherwise, I'm attending craft shows as visitor and consumer of deliciousness, not a vendor.
BTW - I am super blessed with these friends and family of mine. I know they would come at a moments notice aka a crackheads melting point. Thank you Lord!
Sometimes I think I have everything together for ______ {Christmas, Birthdays, Dinner, a Shower} only to realize I don't have taco shells for taco night and I forgot a washcloth for the shower. I just hate getting out of the shower before I'm finished. Its cold and blech. So I beat on the shower wall until someone comes to see if I'm concussed. I'm a crackhead. OR I'm dashing to the mall or target or Hobby Lobby the day before (or day of) to get those last minute things for the birthday photo shoot, my Easter dress or Christmas stockings stuffers. I don't want to talk about my keys. I'm fairly certain this drives my Mama nuts. She is what you call, a planner. So is my sister, my mother-in-loveS, and my sister-in-love. Everyone else really, but me. You'd think I would learn something from them. Don't get me wrong, I make lists, oodles of lists! That's on my to-do list of three million things, Make a List! I think one of the problems; changing my mind. I don't settle on the plastic tea set for the photo shoot, I accept the challenge {I created} to get the ceramic tea set {it was 40% off thankyouverymuch}. I put the pressure on me. I come up with unnecessary changes. I have visions of sugar plums dancing in my head.
At the end of the day, it sometimes comes together. People are eating dinner {although it changed to taco soup}, I end up clean, and a birthday still happens whether I find the perfect curl enhancer mousse or not. On year 13 of hanging with Mr. Crews, I've learned to ASK FOR HELP and CHILL OUT when my crackheadedness {its a condition} gets outta control. He is my Chill and affectionately calls me his Crackhead.
My condition is also a chance for me to practice reflecting God's Grace when things don't come together. I often fail, which is unfortunate because HIS grace is unconditional. I get stupidly frustrated and forget God created me to trust HIM and not try to make it all alone. I'm so thankful for Grace and the lessons HE teaches me in showing grace to others. I give HIM the glory for helping me in my brokenness and crackheadedness.
You make me laugh! Love this, Carrie!
ReplyDelete