I love watching Beau conquer new things. He just lights up when he reports in on a new accomplishment. While Lauren has always been Miss Independent, Beau has not. I'm thrilled with his new found independence. Beau loves to build. Forts, blocks, rocks. He has a method, a plan, an idea, an agenda. He delegates jobs. He is a working leader and when he's really in the mode of getting something done, he does an excellent job. When you catch them, Beau and Lauren are actually a great team. I am so excited to see what becomes of Big Bear. I am praying God uses this boy in a mighty way and transforms his occasional disobedient strong will into a strong will for His glory.
We celebrated Beau for a whole weekend. (I didn't plan for it to happen this way, it just all came together because God loves this crackhead) (BTW: I ended up buying birthday candles 3 times for the same birthday, bah) Friday night we went to see fireworks in Republic. The Patillos joined us for a great time and spent the night - sleepover party! Saturday, Beau picked his favorite place to eat for his birthday party, Rocco's pizza. Family and friends met us for a great little birthday over great pizza. Then we headed south to White Water to meet up with the Lovelaces. The birthday boy is a fish. White Water was kind of a dream come true. He is so brave in the water, it makes this Mama a little nervous. He got a strawberry shake from Steakn'Shake for dinner, among other wholesome food. Sunday (his actual birthday) we had our traditional small family birthday breakfast party, complete with Cheese Danish. He got a green scooter and we took little cupcakes to share with friends at Preschool Praise for church. That evening we voted to go to the discount movie theater and Daddy finally got to see The Croods. All in all, we were exhausted and had a wonderful weekend celebrating a seriously fabulous boy. Beau Bear, Mama and Daddy love you more than you know.
PS. I had a lot of trouble getting everything together for the celebrating. It would not have happened without God answering my stressed out prayers, my Mama driving the cupcakes to church because I forgot them on counter, my Daddy buying all the pizza-on accident (I paid him back), Grandma Judy and Grandpa Bob for driving 2 hours for pizza, my sister delaying packing for vacation and our dear friends driving all the roads to pass out birthday hugs. This crackhead loves you all so very much. oxox

No comments:
Post a Comment