Titled appropriately as The House continues to produce Soap Opera dramatic cliffhangers worthy of the Golden Globes (or whatever awards show does daytime TV; I have no idea).
Mike went to check on everything this past Sunday. In this episode, no heat and busted water lines. The water lines broke underground, under the giant concrete porch to be exact. He opened the well house to find water spraying out and several inches all around the ground. He sends me a text at church, "We have a major leak! From pump to house." That is all I got from him until about an hour later. The cell phone coverage is not terrific in the woods. As I kept reminding this to myself over and over again waiting on more information, I could only think of the worst possible scenario. I started crying. A few more texts arrived. A brief conversation. I was supposed to call the insurance company to start a claim, call the plumber, relay information I wasn't entirely clear on. I just cried, most of the day.
But God put a song in my heart.
You Never Let Go by Matt Redman
Even though I walk through the valley
Of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I'm caught in the middle
Of the storms of this life
I won't turn back, I know You are near
And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me
And I can see a light that is coming
For the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We'll live to know You here on the earth
Yes, I can see a light that is coming
For the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You
Still I will praise You
I did my best to keep on praising. And when I thought through the promises in the song, I'd cry a little more knowing and acknowledging He is in control.
This is where we Praise and Don't Pout:
The plumber was able to have a conversation with Mike about the pipes with bad cell phone coverage on a Sunday afternoon. The plumber was encouraging and let us know we are not alone. He had 11 other calls on broken water pipes that week. We had taken all proper precautions necessary. The weather just got way too cold, too fast and heated back up, making all matters worse. There was nothing else we could have done to prevent it.
Mike was sensible in the crisis and took care of taking photos, turning off breakers and draining the rest of the water lines.
As far as we know, there is no terrible interior water damage. It's all outside, underground.
Mike found a fruit bar for Beau to eat in the truck. He had not packed food. It was supposed to be a 30min trip, turned into 4 hours.
Beau had the best day ever running around in the woods.
As it is, this turned into a Two-Part episode.
In Part II. I call the HVAC service and let them know The House once again had no heat and PS... the pipes burst. A technician called me Monday afternoon to confirm the furnace had totally failed. It needs to be replaced. In the event we don't replace the furnace, the repair alone is $1150. BUT, get ready for the awesome news = this may be rolled into the insurance claim. It makes perfect sense.
This is where I started giggling. Of course we need to replace the furnace!! How fitting. How timely. Now we can market The House for sale with brand new water lines, pressure tank relocated into the basement and new furnace. You know what that says to me? Wait for it.... SOLD!!
I'm hopeful. Please pray for us that we can provide and claim all the perfect information for a seamless insurance claim and fast repair.
Until the next time, These are the Days of my Life.
Oh my, Carrie, so stressful! I love your attitude!! Praying that everything works out perfectly and you're able to sell the house SOON!
ReplyDelete