Baby Crews is officially 3mos along today!! That makes Baby a zesty little lime (in size). This week the baby is starting to develop reflexes, opening and closing hands and the kidneys also start functioning. Mama is tired. I've thought about the sames and differences carrying my babies. It's hard not to constantly compare. I have to say, I feel a smidge worse with this one. Overall I feel bad maybe 12% of the time, which is really nothing compared to other people throwing up every hour. But compare that to feeling great the entire time with Beau and well, it's just different chasing a toddler pregnant. I'm loving certain tastes. The other night I put sliced pickles on my supreme pizza and it was Fabulous!! I'm also significantly more emotional. I can be a bawling puddle, laugh so hard I almost throw up and then fall asleep in a snap. Roller Coaster of Love is my theme song. poor mike.
Well, its happened, finally happened... my precious perfect Bear has begun testing me with fits. This is usually the scenario: We come home, I change clothes, we lay on my bed for 2.7 mins while I ask him about his day and I get a hug, then he starts begging for Animal Crackers (probably his favorite things in this entire world). I give him 3, one in his right hand, one for the left and the third either goes in his mouth or between little fingers in the right hand. Then he plays with dishes and toys under my feet while I make dinner. It's our thing, it's what we do, no problem. Well. He recently decided he needs fists full of AC's right up until I manage to get dinner on the table. He goes over to the counter, points to the cookie jar, says "bite, ese!" (which is perfect manners) over and over and over and over..... exhausting. I say no Beau, help Mama make dinner. We eat together. The other night the incisive pleading and whining really took a toll on me. I was so exhausted, he does this continuous whine between fake crying between pushing on my legs. I was about to cry. I called Miss Joy, asking what did he eat today, is he really starving or being obnoxious? She said he ate half a Pb&J for snack that afternoon. Not anywhere near starving. Just as I suspected. After some serious intense fellowship, a swat on the leg and letting him unload the bottom three drawers, we made it to dinner.
Fast forward to the next day. I'm reading a friend's blog. It says, "Praise the Lord, Stellan made it through!" with a link to another blog. Hmm what's this all about? Stellan is a little boy born with a serious heart problem (SVT). He is a few months younger than Beau and this past week he has fought for his life through an incredibly difficult surgery. He is a miracle baby. I scrolled down through posts to a picture of him laying in a huge hospital bed hooked up to a million machines. I started bawling. He is the same size as my Bear. Have I taken a moment to fully realize the blessings and praise the Lord for having a perfectly healthy child? You bet I did right then. Thank you Jesus for my healthy boy. I'm sure Stellan's mom would love to have him home throwing a fit over animal crackers in her kitchen.
Amen! I'm reminded more than daily how lucky I am to have 2 healthy, beautiful children! There are sad days (I call them "Gabey-Baby Days") when I get all "Woe is me!" but overall it's so easy to be so happy with all God has blessed me with. Thanks for reminding me again of His hand and sharing your life's blessings. And good HEAVENS do I enjoy reading about Beau and his antics!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Jamie LOVINGLY talks about Beau a lot! He IS his only boy cousin, afterall. :-)
PPS come follow me at http://shabbysheekchic.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteBeau is such a joy and so much fun. Grandpa Bob and I can not imagine him being anything less than perfect. :)
ReplyDeleteIn seriousness, I am proud of the job that you and Mike are doing as parents. I know that after a long day at work it is sometimes difficult to have the responsibility of parent. I also appreciate your perspective of how blessed we are to have our Beau. I still think that Beau is close to perfect. :)
ReplyDelete