Yesterday was one of them. I feel like at least one of us has been sick this entire winter. Especially Beau and Mama. However Beau doesn't know he's entitled to be grumpy when he feels bad, I should take the hint.
Here's a brief summery... the 10th we started oral antibiotics for an upper respiratory infection which then lead to double ear infections from the drainage. He started ear drop antibiotics on the 18-19 can't remember. Beau woke up vomiting at 6am Saturday the 21st and did not quit throwing up until around 7pm that evening. Did I mention Mike had a ballgame and was gone the whole day? Fun times. Monday Beau had yucky diapers all day. Monday night and Tuesday I was throwing up. Which all leads me to yesterday when we went back to the doctor because his ears are still not well.
Dr Vo took one peek in that right ear and said, "Oh I can't even see the back. We have to give him an antibiotic shot." So here come two nurses both armed with shots. While they are prepping my baby, they are telling me they add lidocaine to these shots even in adults because they HURT SO BAD. I just stood there and blinked, what do I do? In go the shots at the same time, one in each adorable chubby thigh. I can tell you I have Never seen my child so upset. It took everything in me to hold it together and get him to calm down. It was unreal. My heart broke and so did his. I'm trying not to cry right now thinking about it. He wasn't kicking or fighting or screaming, just hyperventilating, choking, gagging and turning blueish. That was bad.
We got out of there as soon as possible and were advised to watch for "adverse side effects". Way to stress out a Mom. The adverse side effect was no sleep for Beau. He sleeps on his tummy and sides. I'm pretty sure he woke up each time he rolled over on those legs. Motrin helped, but we're sleepy.
I'm comforted with the fact that the Lord knows what I can handle.
Bless your heart. I've been there. All my kids have had to have those antibiotic shots at least once at some point. And they've all been put to sleep for surgeries at least once too. Sometimes being a Mom is just so hard. We hate to watch them in pain. But you're right. All those experiences help to make us,and them, closer to who God wants us to be. Also, I think of all the parents who are watching their kids battle major illnesses in hospitals, just hoping they stay alive one more day. And that always helps me to even be thankful for my kids' "minor" things (even though they seem major to us). You're a great Mamma. Hope yall are feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteyour house has been busy! Allana went through an ear-infection phase and it was torture on me too! I hated the pain she went through :-( Give Beau a hug for me and make sure he gives you a messy kiss back :-)
ReplyDeleteLove you!