I went to the doctor yesterday. An ultrasound was already scheduled to check on her and her weight. As an added bonus, the ultra-sweet ultrasound tech took some of those (a little freaky in my opinion) 3D photos!! Those photos make it all VERY real. I have prints, but no electronic copy to post for ya'll to see. Sorry. She has very chubby cheeks and was sleeping soundly all tucked up. She is definitely still a she (we checked) and she does look like Beau. I think she's pretty. She is weighing in at 37weeks, 6lbs and 4oz they tell me that's in the 41st percentile and right on track for her gestational age. She is perfect. They did not move the due date, but it makes me feel good to know she's a decent (certainly survivable) size if something should happen and she shows up a bit early. My blood pressure is perfect this time and my doctor actually gave me a compliment that I was doing really well with my weight. Awesome.
This pregnancy in general has been more difficult than Beau's however I do remember feeling really crappy at this point with him - due to swelling and BP issues. I'm not nearly as bad off this time. Thank you Jesus. This week it started to become uncomfortable to pick up and carry Beau - something to be expected but still a little upsetting. Being wallered by a toddler isn't delightful, but we still try to read stories together and get through it.
I can say Baby's bedroom is ready to roll, Beau's new big boy bedroom is also cutie-patootie. I'll post photos soon. This makes me feel more prepared and the nesting has temporarily subsided. My bags are in the truck and we have our plan of action for Beau patrol during labor/delivery. I also have a plan if Mike is out of town with track. I'm feeling prepared, I've done all I know to do... I have to admit I'm laying awake at night trying not to cry having flashbacks of the horrible birth experience I had with Beau. I pray all the time, I discuss with Jenny how it will be so much better, I have an idea what to expect, but I'm just scared. Not a fan of the birth process in general. My babies are worth it times a million, but I'd prefer to be unconscious and wake up with a bundle in my arms.
I remember being TERRIFIED to give birth with my 2nd and 3rd. I cried right there in the delivery room and told the nurses and doctors that I was so scared. You will get thru it. I know you will do great. I'm praying that this time it's easy peasy. If I made it thru the 2nd one and was brave enough to do it again, then you know #2 can't be so bad. Ha! And I didn't have drugs with #1 or #2... when in doubt- get the epidural!! #3 was my best delivery of all- thanks to the epi;) Love ya!
ReplyDeleteI'll be praying for a safe and EASY delivery this time! Can't wait to see pictures of your precious baby girl!
ReplyDelete