Thursday, July 29, 2010

when Beau met Lauren

Let me begin by saying, leaving a toddler in the middle of the night while you go have a baby is somewhat traumatic. for him and for his parents. Kim Percival aka "Kimmy" is one of Beau's favorite people. She came over at the crack of dawn, took off work and stayed with mr bear for 2 days. She is straight from Heaven. We are so blessed to have her and the whole Percival family out here in the woods with us. Love Them. By the time Mike got back home to check in and give out some bear hugs, Beau was really emotional. He said, "find Mommy". They called me that night in the hospital and I heard his little quivery voice say, "unna come home mommy?" "pweeze come home mommy." I was literally crying so hard I couldn't talk to him. He was heart broken and confused and not old enough for a good explanation. Phooey.

The day we came home, Mike dropped us off and then went to pick up Beau from Joy's house. When he came through the door, he ran into my arms with the biggest smile ever and literally hugged my neck as hard as he could. Melt. We had Lauren on the couch and we went over to meet her. This is what he did (in the photo) he layed down close to her and sucked his thumb. He didn't say anything, just took her in. Looked her over. We really don't have good pictures from the 1st meeting, we were trying to manage poking fingers and potential slaps to the face! He wasn't harmful at all and Lauren didn't fuss when he held her! Hooray!



We came home on a Thursday and Mike had to leave for the weekend on Friday to the state track meet. So that didn't help our little emotional crisis Beau bear. Grandma Judy came to the rescue and was able to be with us for the weekend. Whew! It was good to have special Grandma attention to cope with new baby. He didn't seem to mind her being around a whole lot until I needed to feed her. That was a struggle for him to understand I couldn't play and run around for a little bit. He used this opportunity to fuzz up and be ornery. I don't blame him. He was never really mean to Lauren... on purpose. The first "incident" involved a ball chucked into the bassinet while a then sleeping Lauren was suddenly awaken when the ball bounced off her head. She was ticked. Never really went back in the bassinet. I don't blame her. I'm sure Beau didn't know she was in there. (insert sarcasm) He quickly learned it was trouble to tick off the baby and well, none of us enjoy the scream she conjures up. It makes your teeth itch. After this, he decided to be sweet and come up with ways to pacify Lauren. She was crying really hard once on the couch. I came back in and she had a pile of Cheerios on her tummy!! I didn't get a picture, dang it. But I did catch this one.


Together they are a handful and equally precious. We've already had so many wonderful memories. I'm totally looking forward to this adventure. and it is an adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment