That's right, Mr Bear is officially 2.5 years old! So that means we are officially half-way through the "terrible" twos, which hasn't been that terrible. We are officially not potty trained, oh well. He officially loves adores his baby sister. He is officially awesome.
Beau embraces what it is to be a little boy. He is loud, he is emotional, he is so very articulate (except when he's frustrated, but aren't we all?), he is loving and kind, he is ornery and sneaks candy with an endearing smile on his face. He makes friends with whomever we are sitting near at ballgames.
He loves his Mama and Daddy and yogurt. He has trouble understanding there are times to be quite and times to talk. He is our commentator and navigator. He is inquisitive and enjoys in-depth answers. We search for wild animals at the dinner table and watch out for race cars speeding by, "Close you ears Mama! That's loud!!"
He is helpful and will pile toys on Lauren when she's upset and pick up whatever she drops. His favorite place to be is on the kitchen counters helping us cook. He actually broke down raw broccoli for a Christmas dinner we had with no instruction. He's a natural, I wouldn't be surprised to see him host a show on the Food Network.
He knows what he wants and is strong-willed to get it. Daddy calls him a problem-solver. I call him hard-headed like his Mama. He is strong and sturdy and likes to run fast, especially naked! Wrestling with Daddy is oodles of laughs, and their goodnight prayers together will absolutely bring a tear to your eye. "... and Jesus, please let Lauren sleep good so Mommy can sleep good."
We have really good days when he says, "oh you're so sweet!" when you give him a drink and then we have rough days when the toddlerisms are a lot to handle.
This is from my favorite book we read, 'I Love You So' - "I can't imagine life before you came along; me there singing senseless, no meaning to my song. Call it meant to be or simply blessed fate, you fill my heart with Love and for that I celebrate!" Beau, I love you way way more than you ever know.
No comments:
Post a Comment