Monday, January 17, 2011

What's in the Freezer?

 Steamed, mashed and frozen food puree's to use in recipes for this cookbook! So far I have sweet potatoes, spinach, cauliflower, carrots and pineapple stored.
 I previously made pancakes with sweet potatoes which I was politely instructed to never make again.

Hiding Veggies in food - Take Two:
 Mind you, no one is in the kitchen with me while I'm whisking together these "scrumptious" ingredients Sunday morning. Those are egg whites in the orange bowl.

 How did it go? Oh just look at that sweet face, unable to swallow the big bite of scrambled cauliflower eggs!!! Hmmm.  
Mr Crews: "What did you do?"
Me: "I put cauliflower in your eggs. It's yummy."
Mr Crews: "No. No it's not yummy. Here put more Chipotle powder on there. Please don't make these again. Please."
These ingredients were added to his awesome eggs.
 Beau? He didn't even touch them. HOWEVER, he already had a muffin so I'm sure he wasn't hungry anymore. Stop snickering. I can hear you!
So we're 0-2 on the hiding veggies recipes. Phooey. My thoughts? Well, honestly I thought they were ok. They have a chewy texture and we don't eat a lot of egg whites (which I just so happened to have left over from those Buttermilk cupcakes. No veggies were hiding in the cupcakes) I would eat them but I wouldn't make them for company. Stay tuned because I'm not giving up. Whahahahaa...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, this post cracks me up! I can totally hear this conversation between you and your hubby and I laughed out loud imagining it! Good luck with your veggie endeavors!

    ReplyDelete