Friday, March 11, 2011
nine
At Nine Months Old Lil'bit is 16lbs and 26in" tall. That means she graduated to the 10th percentile for height, and is still in the 5th for weight. Sweet Lil'bit. She prefers big people food to baby food, and warm it up, thankyouverymuch. She is FINALLY (insert Hallelujah chorus) sleeping through the night. She can get up on her hands and knees and rocks but doesn't have much of a propeller to actually go. She does go where she wants to by means of rolling, scooting, army crawl, grab and pull and pushing off. I think once she masters siting up from laying down, she'll be a little rocket. The other thing is fabulous big brother bear is good to bring her what she wants. Lauren is a princess after all.. She sleeps on her tummy with hiney in the air and wakes up smiley. She is a cuddly snuggle bug when she wakes up. I LOVE this. I'm loving that time with my Lauren. She has TWO toofers! Teething hasn't been too traumatic for her, knock on wood, I realize we only have two. Nursing and teething is a different story. Ultimately I had to wean her. Mixed emotions about that. I believe Lauren will really benefit with baby sign language, especially during dinner time. We need to communicate bite and drink, she gets too stressed out!
The other day I was driving down the road and the thought popped in my head that I get to pick out an Easter dress. I immediately teared up for joy! Before I had my babies I would wonder through the racks of Easter dresses (and baby swimsuits) and try not to cry. I have been been hunting for the ONE. The one Easter frock that makes my heart pitter patter. I never found it. So, I'm having a dress made for her. It will be so very special and made from one of her Daddy's dress shirts. I'm so excited and guess what? I will have professional photos taken... I know, shocking. What's Easter without a bonnet I'd like to know?! Mama and I found a pitter patter pink and white bonnet made from an heirloom handkerchief. She can carry it again on her wedding day. sniff sniff.
So YES, Lauren is as cute as her Aunt... all TWENTY of you! Plus TEN more if you count all of our first cousins who could technically fill the Auntie roll. Plus EIGHT more if you count our dear friends that are just as close as family. Lauren is so fabulous just like all 38 of her fabulous Aunties. She is blessed to have you in her life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I bought my baby girl an Easter dress today... can't WAIT to see her in it! =)
ReplyDelete