Wednesday, October 26, 2011

...and thank you Jesus for my many blessings.

This is just part of our prayer time with Beau when we lay him down. I asked him last night, "Beau do you know what a blessing is?" He said, "tell me again?" I told him blessings are special things that happen throughout the day straight from the Lord that let us know He loves us and is watching over us (that's my definition, anyway). I asked him if he could think of a blessing. He said, "Oh yes, I got to chew some gum today; I got to see my Papa and Andrew's soccer game and Andrew too; I got to play rocks and dirt with those boys at the soccer game; and hmmm well that's what I know."

I know that I am totally in love with that little boy and I love watching him grow in the Lord. Before I had my babies, I saw a youtube video of a four year old little girl reciting the Lord's Prayer. She stumbled only twice and to my surprise and tears, knew it a little better than me. At that point I made a decision to have the same priorities for my own children: that they would grow to know the Lord at a very young age. Now that I have my own, I'm assessing my progress and while I'm happy to report the Lord gets a celebratory AMEN! from baby Lauren at the mealtime prayers, I could be doing so much more.

I want to weave scripture into our daily life, introduce reading the Bible everyday. Simple concepts but not too easy in my crazy-chasing-chaos-small-children world. But I want to and I will.

Here is a list of a few of my blessing;
Living so close to be able to go to soccer games
Listening to Beau and Lauren laugh when Papa tickles them
Lauren blowing goodbye kisses to Ma when we leave
Beau spending the week with Grandma and coming home with a pipe cleaner butterfly
Coach Reed renting our home
Making whoopie pies with Jenny
Spending the weekend with some the most wonderful people in the atmosphere, the Party Barge
Meeting sweet, sweet friends for lunch dates
The Chiropractor
Stacey's Sweets cupcakes
Finding my keys inside the unlocked car
Laundry and dirty dishes (they mean we have clothes to wear and food to eat)
Free fitness classes
Cousins
Answered Prayer.

It does a heart good to list blessings. I could go on and on.

2 comments:

  1. Carrie, Don's grandson loved to watch BibleMan when he was about 3 or 4. When he was 4, he could lead people in the Sinner's Prayer. Beau might like to watch BibleMan. He is so cute and so is Lauren. You and Mike are such good parents.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Carrie! I, too, want to see my child/ren grow up to have a passion for the Lord.

    ReplyDelete