How did I miss November? Sorry loyal followers. November is a tough month. It's always the month I have to step back, take a deep breath and pump myself up to make it through beloved basketball season.
Basketball and I have a love/hate relationship. Mostly love, but sometimes hate. I love the opportunities it has afforded us. There is nothing in this world better than moving back to Springtown. We belong here and I am so blessed. I love learning about my new basketball family, they have been so welcoming and kind to our family. Beau is eating up all the sweet attention from his "girlfriends". They have all quickly fallen in love with the little Crewseys. Lauren's taking a little more time to warm up to them, but she's like Mike and so... there you go. I love the opportunity to minister to these girls. Mike and I consider it an honor, challenge and deep responsibility to be an example of Christian love and support. Mike is an excellent mentor and I am a constant work in progress to be his awesome sidekick. I often get discouraged and fail, but I'm working hard to conquer the devil and his evil attempts to squish my perky personality. Jerk. We've decided to delete the word "hate" at our house as Beau has inserted it in his vocabulary recently to get some reactions, so instead I'll use, "greatly dislike". I greatly dislike and struggle with the time commitment of Mike's position. Plus, since this is a new rodeo, building a new program and whatnot, this year is Hartville time commitment x 1.5. Yikes. I am a single parent during much of basketball season and it is just difficult. Although, I'm thankful for the experience, because it certainly opens my eyes to the tremendous helpmate I have in Mike. Additionally, staying with Mama is just strawberries and cool whip on my shortcake. I could not make it without my family.
Speaking of family, we had a lovely Thanksgiving!
 |
First bite of pumpkin pie. Nom Nom Nom!!!
|
 |
| Wishbone! |
 |
| Will really likes it when Aunt Carrie chases him with cameras. |
 |
Enter: Toddler Fashion.
I was totally vetoed when I tried to change his shirt, hence: embarrassing toddler fashion. hehehe. |
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. I Am Thankful For YOU.
No comments:
Post a Comment