Friday, January 27, 2012

Just some observations of Blessings

Lauren is a morning bird, rises early and quick to bed at night. Beau is a night owl and rarely goes to sleep on the first request. Waking up in the morning is the most difficult task in his life right now. Lauren eats a lot, Beau hardly eats. Lauren is always putting shoes on, Beau is always taking shoes off. Beau got a much needed haircut, Lauren's hair is really starting to grow and come in thick. Beau likes to start off and end his day in someones lap, preferably rocking. Lauren is a Mama's girl and prefers to stay in my lap when we're out and about. I love to see the differences and similarities in my children. They are so special. Watching their personalities develop is indescribable.

Beau is somewhat of an old soul. I see this most at ballgames. He is so welcoming of people's attention and will carry on a conversation with anyone. There is a family on our team who recently experienced the huge loss of their mama because of aggressive cancer. We never mentioned it to Beau. However, as sure as I'm sitting here, the Lord lead Beau to her widow, Chris. Beau now sweetly greets him every game. Often, Beau is climbing up in Chris' lap and when I look up at them Chris is smiling and chuckling over Beau's antics. It puts a tear in my eye and lump in my throat of gratitude that my child can bring this grieving family a little piece of joy on Monday and Thursday.

Do not deny someone a blessing. Our Grandpa has said this before and while I heard the words, it has taken a little bit of living to let that statement sink in. If I choose to micromanage every detail in my life to the minute, there's a good chance I'll miss a blessing or worse yet, Deny a blessing. While planning is imperative to mothering small children, I need to remember to find a balance of going with the flow. Blessings are hard to see through the fog of stress. If I insist my children sit in a seat right next to me the entire ballgame, we would have missed the opportunity to minister some love to the Jewell family as well as the other basketball families. Do I let them run the gym? Absolutely not. Have I finally accepted the extra helping hands? Yes. I believe those people helping me gather my children and belongings will be blessed as they are blessing me. I received a compliment from someone that the children behave so well at the games. Hallelujah! This compliment is so appreciated and important to me. I work really hard and bribe them with food to be good!

My prayer is that our family may be a blessing to others because so many of you are a blessing to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment