Monday, April 23, 2012

The Season of Life

My favorite moment of Spring is the first daffodil and forsythia I see. In the Victorian Era people communicated in the Language of Flowers where each flower has a meaning. The Daffodil means "New Beginnings" which is exactly what Spring is: New Beginnings. And the flowers, oh how I love the blooming trees and bushes! In my opinion, they are so much more lovely than flower gardens I can plant. The blossoms on trees are straight from the Lord! Have you noticed how the redbud blossoms are so perfectly placed on the branches? GORGEOUS! It speaks to me that He always has a PLAN for the future, plans for the trees to be fruitful and plans for me. 

Summer is easy, the crystal blue sky and puffy white clouds, the smell of freshly mowed grass. Sometimes when I'm totally stressed I think about laying on the grass with my sister in the side yard of our house growing up and staring up at the clouds. I like to think about family cookouts and all my great memories of playing in the water hose and riding 4-wheelers. I am so incredibly thankful to be home so my children will have similar memories with family. What a tremendous blessing.

The smell of Fall makes my heart happy. It smells like damp earth, pine, campfire smoke. It smells like football with a big blustery wind dancing sugar maple leaves through the air. I don't understand how a person can look at the trees in full fall color and not believe in a Creator. No random act of Biology or calculated act of man could be responsible for this greatness.

My favorite part of the winter season is fresh fallen snow, so delicate, it perfectly highlights even the tiniest detail of wherever it lands. I enjoy looking at it up close. The tiny crystaly snowflakes are the definition of DETAIL and never duplicated. This reminds me the Lord is concerned with the details of my life and no one else is like me.

I'm so thankful I live in the Midwest where our weather patterns allow all four seasons.

I'm so thankful for the season of life in which I'm living. 

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Carrie! I'm also thankful to live here to witness all 4 seasons. I'm with you~ I can't believe people can look at God's Creation and not believe in a Creator.

    ReplyDelete