John 14:11-14 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
I asked for something and He did it.
I asked God to help me find a way out of my current job, help me find a way to travel less, serve my family more, a way out of working with the wine and grape industry. I asked for a way to serve the School of Agriculture with my natural talents. He did it. Simple as that. As wonderful as that.
I believe in the Father and I believe in His miracles. Our family received a miracle. I heard a very clear voice confirming to move forward with the request for change. I said, "Lord I want to be in your will. Do I talk to them about stepping out of this job?" very clearly, "Do it. I will take care of you." And He did. I went to my directors, we talked about the needs of our program and the level of commitment I can offer in this season of my life. I put it out there that I want my family to be a priority. They listened. They respected my position. They acted on my behalf to request changes. The first request was denied. I think God was watching to see how I would handle that answer. I was confused (bit back the tears), but I was willing to continue in my current position.
Not only did my director approach the Provost a second time and received a YES on the new position, but the payroll news?? $1,500 deduction. We were preparing for a $5,000 loss. God took care of us.
I just want to encourage anyone reading this that we serve a God that listens when we pray. He sees the desires of your heart and He has a plan. The God that created Lake Tahoe hears my thoughts. Hears my requests. He hears you too!! Standing on that lakeshore, I was speechless. We serve a God that speaks and wonderous miracles like Lake Tahoe and new jobs just happen. Wow - for a lack of better words.
My husband once heard, God only gives us the headlight view of our life. If we were to see the entire view, we wouldn't be able to take it in. The important part of this verse to me - be prepared for the answer. It may not always work out according to your plan, because it is God's plan.
Love this! So happy for you!
ReplyDelete