Monday, March 10, 2014

Thankfulness

It has been a busy month. Busy for all the right reasons.

Hartville: We were able to coordinate a weekend with Mama, Daddy and Betsy to pack up and move up the rest of our things for the West family to... MOVE IN : ) Mama kept the home fires burning, keeping the Little's occupied. Dad and Betsy were instrumental in the pack up, load up, clean up efforts. If it was not for amazing parents, swooping in to help in a time of need, I would just be lost and so, so stressed. I can only say a very heartfelt, "Thank You" and promise to pay it forward with Beau and Lauren. I very much promise to love them and help them as much as you ALL continue to love and support us. Pinkie Swear.

The West family is so kind. They offered to keep many of our packed up tubs in the basement, out of the way. A lot of stuff came back with us resulting in stacks in the hallway, rearranging the children's bedrooms, the storage closets, going through ALL the baby paraphernalia for a certain soon-to-be arriving NIECE!, purging all things deemed unnecessary (thank you Nicaragua) and temporary general chaos for this Crackhead. I like to clean and have things in order. However, I will be the first to admit, the bathrooms are not always spotless. BUT, this kind of thing makes my left eye twitch. I need to have a place for everything and until I find the new home, I run at 115%.

Then, I get irritated.

It's the end of basketball season. Mike is totally drained. I get caught up in Stinkin' Thinkin'.
Ooh... woe is me! I have all these things to do! I just can't do it all. boohooohoohoo.

Hold the phone.

Why do you have all these extra things to do?
1. Someone moved into your house.
2. Someone agreed to buy your house.
3. You will be debt free with the extra income.
4. Your husband has an amazing ministry in the lives of young people via basketball.
5. Basketball brought us home to our family.
6. I have amazing help.
7. GOD ANSWERED MY PRAYERS

Remember this Carrie!! Stinkin' Thinkin' is my own selfish, sinful nature shining terribly through. Why in the crack of dawn should I be complaining when I've had nothing, NOTHING but blessings flowing over me? Because I mess up. I ask for forgiveness. I come back to Thankfulness.

And so... Basketball ended in a terrific game for the District title. While I would have loved to see them defeat a very unclassy team (just being honest here), I am thankful it is over ending on a beautiful note. To celebrate, the Little's went on a mini-vacation to Arkansas and I surprised Mike with a mini-getaway as well. Rest, Relaxation. Rejuvenation. All necessary.

We are THANKFUL to God for everything good and helping us through everything bad. And, for being busy for all the right reasons.


No comments:

Post a Comment