Are you ready for this? The biggest announcement on Crews Quarters to date (with the exception of baby news)?! ... Ahem.
My husband Michael was recently offered a job to teach and coach at Willard High School for the upcoming 2011-12 school year! {insert ear-piercing high squeal of joy} He will teach High School History and Assistant Girls Basketball. For the past seven years he taught History and coached Girls Basketball and Track for Hartville. This is an outstanding opportunity for his career and also a great move for our entire family. Beau and Lauren will have the tremendous blessing of growing up near our family and all the opportunities a large school such as Willard can offer them. I anticipate working on the Springfield campus or perhaps the Darr Center, continuing my responsibilities with VESTA.
The Lord opened these doors for us and we are so very thankful to have the opportunity to move home!
Before we married we had a goal. The goal: teach in a small, rural school for several years. Earn MS Ed Administration. CHECK. Move to a large school for our children to attend and graduate. Work on PhD. Then go into Administration for a few years. Ultimately, bring all those years back into the classroom to education the next generation at College of the Ozarks. His frustration while completed his BS Ed was partly due to all instructors were female with Elementary Ed background. The male educator in Secondary Ed component was missing. It’s of great importance to him to provide that skill set and knowledge base to college students, preferably at College of the Ozarks.
I am so incredibly thankful for our 7 years in the woods. At this point, I'm not able to wrap my head around and organize my thoughts on Hartville and the AMAZING experiences. For now, I'm just tickled about this major change. I am nervous about this major change. I have a tremendous amount of work to accomodate this major change.
Please be praying for wisdom and guidance for Mike and I to make the best decisions. And, yes we will see you at that family picnic because we are moving HOME! Thank you Lord.
oxox Carrie
PS. Please keep FB postings to personal messages. We aren't ready for Willard news to hit FB. Thanks!
Wow, Congrats! Sounds like a great opportunity. Yay God!!
ReplyDelete